These lime tartlets are filled with flavor! Made with a nutty ginger crust, creamy coconut milk, and fresh fruit juice – this recipe is a crowd pleaser.
I am a big fan of sour treats and this dessert definitely has some tang. It is also pretty healthy! The tart uses maple syrup instead of sugar to lightly sweeten the crust and filling. The feature of this dish, limes, are thought to be beneficial for skin, digestion, and immunity. The crust is made with heart healthy nuts and ginger which has a handful of medicinal qualities. The texture comes from agar powder, a vegan gelatin substitute made from red algae.
Not only is this dessert delicious and healthy, it is also totally cute. Tartlets are the perfect way to complete a party! So, what are you waiting for?
Lime Coconut Tartlet with Ginger Crust
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 can coconut milk 13.5 FL OZ
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- Lightly grease tartlet tins with coconut oil.
- Bake at 350° Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let crust cool completely.
- Blend Filling ingredients (except agar powder) together for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer stirring frequently and add agar powder.
- Simmer 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool 5-10 minutes stirring frequently and add to the cooled tart crusts.
- Put tartlets in the fridge for 2+ hours to set.