Eat well, feel well! Improve your health with delicious gummy chews.
If you are anything like me — you are bad at supplementing, but great at snacking. These gummies are just what you need! Made with apple cider vinegar and elderberry syrup to help strengthen your immune system and boost your health. Plus they are low in added sugar — using agave syrup as a low glycemic index sweetener.
Apple cider vinegar is thought to have several health benefits like stabilizing blood sugar levels, aiding with weight loss, and building a healthy gut. A healthy gut will help fight of infections and keep you feeling well. Make sure you use apple cider vinegar that contains the “mother” as this includes beneficial probiotics.
Elderberry syrup has long been used by many cultures to combat disease. Although there hasn’t been much scientific research done on the ingredient, it is high in antioxidants and vitamins that are known to detoxify the body and fight inflammation.
Note — these gummies are a bit on the tart side. I love sour treats, so they are right up my alley! They are also a firmer texture than your standard gummy from the agar powder.
Apple Cider Vinegar + Elderberry Gummies
- 1 cup apple juice no sugar added
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with mother included
- 2 tablespoons elderberry syrup
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons agar powder
- Add apple juice, apple cider vinegar, elderberry syrup, and agave syrup to a medium sized saucepan and heat over medium high heat until it starts boiling — stirring frequently.
- Reduce to a simmer, add agar powder to the saucepan, and stir until mixed in.
- Cook 2+ minutes until agar powder is fully dissolved.
- Using a dropper transfer hot liquid to gummy molds.
- Put the mold with liquid into the fridge for 15+ minutes to set.Note: If you don’t have a mold, poor the hot mixture into a baking sheet or pan. Let cool in the fridge and then cut into small pieces.