Banana nice cream is one of my favorite treats! Made with just a few simple ingredients — you will be amazed at how similar the texture is to the real deal.
Healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast, this nice cream is easy to customize depending on your preferences. Add in fruit, peanut butter, or chocolate if you wish and dig in!
A closer look at what’s inside:
This delicious nice cream is made up almost entirely of frozen bananas! When frozen, bananas are the perfect smooth and creamy texture. You likely know bananas are a good source of potassium. They also contain notable amounts of vitamin B6, vitamin C, and manganese.
Dairy-Free Milk or Yogurt
You can use your favorite dairy-free milk or yogurt in this dish. I often opt for plain yogurt or homemade nut milk to keep the flavors simple. If you are using yogurt, try to keep it low in sugar. Some varieties — especially the flavored yogurts — can be loaded with added sugars.
You can customize this nice cream however you’d like! I love adding peanut butter (and sharing with my pup), fresh fruit, or cocoa powder. You can also stir in nuts, chocolate chunks… really whatever you are feeling!
Note: If you are sharing this treat with your dog, use almond, oat, or coconut yogurt/milk and make sure to check all ingredients in the yogurt/milk and peanut butter (if using) to make sure no xylitol or artificial sweetener is used as these may be harmful for your pet. The fewer ingredients the better. Also aim for low sugar.
Looking to make your nice cream extra special? Try this Vegan Caramel Sauce on top!
Banana Nice Cream
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons dairy-free yogurt or milk
- 1-2 tablespoons other add-ins — peanut butter, cocoa powder, fruit optional
- Freeze banana slices 4+ hours or overnight.
- Add frozen banana, dairy-free yogurt or milk, and any other add-ins you are using to a blender and blend slowly until smooth. Start with 1 tablespoon of yogurt/milk and add more as needed until you can blend smooth.
- Eat as is or freeze an additional 20+ minutes for a firmer scoop.