Stuffed sweet potatoes are one of my favorite healthy dinners! There are so many ways to customize with fillings and toppings. This Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes version is stuffed with BBQ Chickpeas and made in the Instant Pot for a super easy and quick one pot meal!
A closer look at what’s inside:
One medium sweet potato is loaded with nutrients — providing over 400% of your daily-recommended vitamin A and nearly 40% of your daily-recommended vitamin C. They also contain plenty of filling fiber.
Packed with protein and fiber — chickpeas make a great addition to this dish! One can of chickpeas contains roughly 15 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber. Like other beans, they are also a good source of iron and folate.
Bring on the BBQ flavor! This sauce perfectly caramelizes the chickpeas and adds such a wonderful sweet and savory flavor. A staple in Korean cooking, this sauce works great as a marinade to make authentic Korean BBQ and as an addition to your favorite stir fry sauce. I used Kalbi Sauce from Lucky Foods in this recipe. It is vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
I included garlic for extra flavor, chili powder for a little heat, and salt to taste in this recipe. Feel free to try out some of your favorite spices if you are looking to mix things up!
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Try these Lentil Sloppy Joes!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Lucky Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. The Lucky Foods product mentioned in this post were sent to me as a gift to use in this recipe, thank you so much!
Instant Pot Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Lucky Foods Kalbi Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and poke fork holes in the sweet potatoes.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse well, removing any excess skins.
- Mix chickpeas, BBQ sauce, and spices in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place a steaming rack with sweet potatoes on top.
- Using the “Pressure” button, set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on HIGH pressure for 18 minutes. Depending on the model of Instant Pot you are using, this button may be called something else — like “Manual” or “Pressure Cook”.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release pressure — this will take about 10 minutes. Once complete, turn the venting knob to the Venting position to release any remaining pressure before removing the lid.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the Instant Pot and select the “Sauté” setting.
- Sauté the chickpeas until the sauce thickens — about 3 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes down the middle and stuff with the BBQ chickpeas.
- Top as you please — try tomatoes, green onion, avocado, or your favorite sauces like Kimchi Mayo!