Take a break and relax with a creamy lavender latte. Soothing to smell and cozy to sip on! Enjoy this healthy drink anytime of day to relieve anxiety and boost your mood.
A closer look at what’s inside:
Use your favorite milk (dairy-free if needed) to make this latte. I love using oat milk or cashew milk as I find them to be the most creamy. I prefer using unsweetened plain dairy-free milk, but if you are using a variety with sugar added you likely won’t need sweetener.
You may be familiar with the calming scent of lavender added to bath and body products, candles, and more. But did you know that this fragrant flower is edible? Lavender is thought to have many therapeutic properties — including relaxation, mood stabilization, and other neurological benefits. Purchase food grade lavender buds and use them in drinks, baking, and other recipes as you please.
Depending on the milk you use and your personal preferences, you can add a little natural sweetener to the latte to bring everything together. I typically use a splash of maple syrup or agave syrup. A little goes a long way, so start slow and add more as needed.
Looking for more healthy drink recipes? Try this Dairy-Free Thai Iced Tea filled with warming spices.
- 1 1/2 cup milk dairy-free if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried lavender buds food grade
- Sweetener to taste maple syrup or agave
- Heat milk in a heat-safe container in the microwave in 30 second intervals until hot OR in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Place lavender buds in a tea infuser or filter bag and place in the heated milk.
- Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Add sweetener to taste — I prefer maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Remove lavender and enjoy! Reheat latte if needed or pour over ice for a chilled version. You can also throw in the blender for 30 seconds to add some frothiness if you desire.