Meal prep like a pro with these delicious Matcha Green Tea Energy Bites! Made with healthy fats, including nuts and coconut, and energizing matcha green tea powder. You will love snacking on these vegan and gluten-free treats all week long.
A closer look at what’s inside:
These matcha green tea energy bites are made with creamy cashews adding plenty of healthy unsaturated fats, protein, and magnesium. I used raw unsalted cashews in this recipe, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
I love pistachios! They are loaded with vitamins and minerals like vitamin B6, copper, manganese, thiamin, and phosphorus. The flavor works great in this recipe, plus pistachios add to the great green color!
Hemp hearts (or hemp seeds) are a staple in my home. I add them to smoothies, yogurt bowls, sandwiches, and recipes all the time for a boost of protein and iron. They are a complete protein, meaning they contain all nine essential amino acids — perfect for vegetarians and vegans.
These sticky fruits are perfect for holding everything together in energy bite recipes. They add sweetness while being low-glycemic so they won’t cause a sugar crash. High in fiber and antioxidants, dates are a great filling option to help protect the body.
Coconut and matcha are such a great combo! This recipe uses both shredded coconut and coconut butter. If you don’t have any coconut butter on hand, you can easily make your own coconut butter using shredded coconut and a food processor.
This recipe uses a touch of dairy-free milk to help pull everything together. You could probably sub water in a pinch. Any milk will do, but lately I’ve been into oat milk!
Matcha Green Tea Powder
Have you ever tried matcha powder? It is made from ground up green tea leaves. It boasts the same health benefits as green tea, but is more concentrated — so more caffeine and antioxidants like EGCG.
Looking for more energizing snacks? Try these Lemon Coconut Energy Bites!
Matcha Green Tea Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup pistachios de-shelled
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 5 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- Mix cashews, pistachios, hemp seeds, and shredded coconut together in a blender or food processor until broken down.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender or processor — dates, matcha powder, dairy-free milk, and coconut butter — and mix until well combined.
- Roll mixture into bite sized balls, making 10-12 balls in total.
- Roll balls in additional shredded coconut or chopped pistachios.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.