Red lentil tortillas might be my new favorite thing! Make them with just a few simple ingredients and enjoy with fresh veggies, curry and rice, or on their own.
Grain-free and packed with nutrients — each tortilla contains roughly 7 grams of fiber and over 6 grams of protein!
Red Lentil Tortilla Wraps
These red lentil wraps are made with a few simple ingredients and packed with nutrients!
Servings 8 6-inch tortillas
- 1 cup split or whole red lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic (4 cloves)
- To taste: salt + pepper
- To taste: Cuban seasoning / paprika / other optional
- Rinse the red lentils well and drain water.
- Add 2 cups of water to the rinsed red lentils in a bowl and cover loosely with a kitchen towel. Soak for 6-12 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer the red lentils and water (DO NOT DRAIN LENTILS) to a blender or food processor along with ¼ teaspoon salt and mix until totally smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Add ¼-⅓ cup batter to the pan along with roughly ¼ teaspoon garlic (½ clove), a sprinkling of Cuban seasoning, salt + pepper, or any other seasonings you want to add. Spread the batter + add-ins with the back of a spoon into a circle 6+ inches in diameter.
- Cook for 1+ minutes until the tortilla is starting to brown and get crispy. Flip and cook another 1+ minute on the other side. (I prefer to cook mine a little longer on each side for a crispier tortilla)
- Remove from heat and transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with other tortillas. These should keep for up to a week in the refrigerator, and up to 6 months in the freezer. *Recipe inspired by Power Hungry