Drink your greens! This tasty tropical smoothie is filled with leafy goodness.
My husband has an allergy that makes it hard for him to digest spinach, kale, and other leafy greens. As such, it can be difficult to eat a full batch on my own. I often opt to freeze some (or buy already frozen) to include in smoothies.
Smoothies are a great way to sneak in vegetables. This recipe adds spinach for an extra boost. Paired with pineapple and coconut water, the tropical flavors in this smoothie take over!
Tropical Greens Smoothie
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach or 1 cup frozen
- 1 cup pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1/2 apple core + seeds removed
- 1/3–1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 handful ice optional
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and enjoy!