Papaya Breakfast Boats
Use half of a papaya to fill with scoops of healthy breakfast items including yogurt, steel cut oats, and banana nice cream.
- 1 papaya halved and deseeded
- 2 lime wedges optional
- 2 scoops plain yogurt dairy-free if needed
- 2 scoops STEEL CUT OATS with carrots and sweet potato
- 2 scoops BANANA NICE CREAM
STEEL CUT OATS
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup sweet potato grated
- 1/2 cup quick cooking steel cut oats
- 1 pinch salt
BANANA NICE CREAM
- 2 bananas peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons plain yogurt or milk dairy-free if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch black pepper
BANANA NICE CREAM: Peel, slice, and freeze banana slices 4+ hours until frozen. Add frozen slices to the blender with yogurt/milk, turmeric, and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Freeze an additional 20+ minutes for a firmer scoop.
STEEL CUT OATS: Boil water in a saucepan and then add salt, oats, grated carrot, and grated sweet potato. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 7+ minutes until desired consistency is reached. Move to fridge and cool 30+ minutes. *Note — you can also use regular steel cut oats and cook per instructions.
PAPAYA BOAT: Halve and deseed papaya. Squeeze lime juice over fruit. Place a scoop of yogurt, BANANA NICE CREAM, and STEEL CUT OATS in each half. Top as you please — I used coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and pitaya powder.