If you have never tried zucchini noodles — this recipe is a great place to start. Using just a handful of wholesome ingredients, you can make a healthy veggie packed dinner in less than 20 minutes.
Find zucchini noodles — or zoodles — pre-cut fresh or frozen at many stores. However, I prefer to make them myself. With a handheld spiralizer (you can find one for under $10) you can turn a fresh zucchini into zoodles in just a few minutes!
Zucchini Pasta with Tomato and Basil
- 1 medium zucchini 1–1 1/2 cups zoodles
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped (I use cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil torn into small pieces
- 1–2 cloves garlic minced
- Up to 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 slices lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon avocado oil for cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast or 1/8 cup parmesan cheese (vegan if needed) optional
- Spiralize zucchini into noodles (or use pre-cut zoodles).
- Heat avocado oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red chili flakes to the oil. Once it starts sizzling, add the zoodles.
- Cook zoodles for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly cooked.
- Add tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast or parmesan (if using). Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and enjoy!